Sunday, January 24, 2010

Word of the Day

So I decided to write a blog... and I thought and thought and thought about how I can make my blog unique, creative, and different from everyone. Then I came up with a somewhat-good enough idea. We've all used "dictionary.com" before to do that quick search for a big word you heard on TV or to find a smarter sounding word for your English paper due tomorrow. This site has a feature, "Word of the Day," and I want to use the word of the day as the topic for each of my blogs. Actually, I don't want to. I am going to.

frangible
\FRAN-juh-buhl\ , adjective;
1. Capable of being broken; brittle; fragile; easily broken.

Frangible ultimately derives from Latin frangere, "to break."


It's a new year, and none us want a frangible resolution. I have a couple of resolutions:

1. Get my priorities straight.
a) Note to self: Yeah, you're always going to have a billion dance classes a week, but if there's a show or something you want to do and you have to miss a couple classes...DO IT!
b) Note to self: Staying up late doing homework? Don't blame it on coming home from dance so late. GET OFF FACEBOOK.

2. Stay more hydrated.
a) Self explanatory. I feel like I need to drink more water and catch up with my growth.

3. Gain arm strength for dance.
a) Note to self: The choreographers are starting to throw lifts at me - I can't keep the skinny look forever.

Fingers crossed that I won't forget these by Valentines. Want to impress the opposite sex? Then you'll want to improve yourself... haha...yeah no. Talking about forgetting stuff-

4. Write more.
a) Note to self: You finally got to starting a blog. Keep writing. You get lots of positive feedback on your writing, so keep writing and don't lose that creative juice!

On the note of "easily broken," it's sad for me to see Mr. Conan O'brien break up with NBC and leave his job as the host of 'The Tonight Show.' I tried to watch every episode on hulu.com, and the last week was awful and hilarious to watch him. He had a comedy bit everyday where he jokes about a classic moment from the show way back in June of 2009 as if it was a long time ago. And he also did comedy bits where it wasn't really funny, but purposefully ridiculously expensive so NBC has to pay for the bill. Although his jokes on NBC were hilarious and well deserved, as classy as his hair is, he made a deep statement about his relationship with NBC. Take a look.



"Nobody in life gets what they thought they would get in life. But if you work really hard, and are kind, amazing things will happen." -Conan O'brien

Can't get any classier than that, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. That will be all for my first blog entry. Please please please don't hesitate commenting. As always, constructive criticism is gladly accepted.

Signing off,
Monkichi

No comments:

Post a Comment